Thursday, October 23, 2008

After last week ( ladies night out, the tea party, and hosting the Engine 2 Party) I vowed this week would be filled with nothing to do. The week started out really well with apple picking on Sunday and a little hectic Monday with gymnastics; once in the morning for lily and then again in the afternoon for Cali, (and they don't heat the place I think so Shilo and I freeze!) and Duane had rescue drill so he didn't come home until 10:30pm. Tuesday work was not as good a day as I had hoped for and I can admit I was pretty cranky all evening, but we did get good news that Tom had got his first deer, and that was exciting. By Tuesday evening I was already feeling run down and not as stress-free as I had planned. On Wednesday Lily, Shilo, and I paid Shelley a visit in the morning and ended up staying until the girls got out of school. It was a wonderful day of coffee, pumpkin muffins, salad with feta cheese (which my family won't let me make!), and a roaring new woodstove! In that time Shelley and I hashed out the world's problem...ie: everyone should get over that Palin took her family on business trips....laughed a lot, and looked at our dream homes on the internet. Thanks, Shelley, for a such a relaxing day! Today Lily asked if she could have a play date with Shelby so Shelby came to our house instead of visiting Georgia. Right now the girls are in Lily's bedroom dressed as Pocahontas, headdress and all (lily) and Cinderella with a pink cowgirl hat (shelby) coloring on the floor in the Princess book. I plan to make something nice for dinner as my husband has promised me he won't be going hunting tonight and he has nothing planned for the first time this week!
Could life get any better?

~a

No comments: