Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just Some Thoughts

I wanted to share some thoughts on Lily while they were still fresh in my mind, all my kids amaze me on a regular basis but I find often times I am in awe with the things that come out of Lily's mouth, and always at the most random times. So over the last week she has had two things that I wanted to share.

1. "mom, come in here quick and feel my foot!" why do I want to feel your foot lily? "mom! it's buzzy!" Her foot had fallen asleep and was buzzing and she thought everyone would like to feel the 'buzzy feeling" on their hands.

2. (while sitting at the kitchen table coloring) "mom, do you know what iridescent means?" do you know what iridescent means lily? "yeah, it means white sparkly" how do you know that lily? "aunt betty told me when I was making Calista's birthday crown. I put iridescent glitter on her crown." What amazed me so about this particular conversation was how easy it was for her. She pronounced iridescent like she'd been saying it since she was born and everyone should know what it means.

I guess it may seem silly that these things take me by surprise, but I'm glad that they do. These little conversations or my children's' explanations of things make me realize and appreciate their innocence and their youthfulness.

No comments: